Cayman KiteFest 2018
Cayman Kitefest at Kaibo Beach
Easter Monday April 2, 2018
What is Cayman Kitefest?
Cayman Kitefest is part of Kaibo’s vision to celebrate Caymanian culture and support the community. An age-old island custom, the Caribbean tradition of kite flying on the island’s breezy shores costs little and is environmentally friendly.
Kitefest is a FREE event to visit.
Sign up to enter the Kite Competition on the day!
$5 donation to Cayman’s ARK charity.
Bring your own kite or make one at home.
Local band Bona Fide will perform, unplugged, and play local favourites.
Registration starts at 1pm.
Live local music 1.30pm – 4pm
Prize giving at 4pm.
- Peripheral Lifestyle – designer sunglasses
- Vino Veritas – Magnum of Champagne
- White Sand Watersports – Stingray City Trip
- Bedside Manor – homeware gift
- Funky Monkey – 50 KYD for designer clothing
- Premier – Diplomatico Ambassador premium rum
- Cayman Distributors – Bottle of Veuve Clicquot Champagne
- Regal Cinema – 6 x cinema tickets
- Water Authority – $100
- Appleton Estate – Bottle of Appleton VX premium rum
- Book Nook – $20 voucher
- Tortuga – Flor de Caña 12 Centenario
- Kaibo – merchandise
- Best kite, most creative and original
- Best individual kite flyer, with steadiest kite, Adult
- Best individual kite flyer, with steadiest kite, Youth (under the age of 15)
- Best family of kite fliers (all ages)
- Biggest kite
- Smallest kite
- Best dressed, matching kite and costume
- Highest kite flier
- Youngest kite flier
- Most environmentally friendly kite
All entrants must be unassisted in their kite flying to qualify. The judge’s decision is final.
Please buy or make your kite in advance. Judges will be looking for creativity!
Support your community by donating to Cayman’s ARK, the local charity who performs acts of random kindness to a huge number of causes in the Cayman Islands. Learn more about ARK here.
ARK volunteers will be selling tickets for a raffle on the day. ARK Raffle prizes include:
Yoshi Sushi – $200
George Carvalho – $100
WaterMan – $100
The Children’s Clinic – $105
Agua – $100
The Salon – $60
AutoSpa – car wash and detailing (1 x superwash and 1 full service x 2)
Bandidos – Bottle of Patron Anejo Tequila
BodyWorks – $50
Lucky Slice – $50
The Wharf – $50
The WaterFront/Mizu/Pani : $50
Calico Jacks – $50
Bandidos – $50
Casa 43 – $25
Edoardos – $50
Southern Spice – $25
Saltys – $25
Petit Paris – $10
Full of Beans – 12 homemade pastries
Cayman Ferries, independent boat operator, offer a water taxi service from Camana Bay.
Depart Camana Bay: 10am, 12pm, 4pm
Depart Kaibo Beach: 11am, 1pm, 5.15pm
If you enjoy live local music and a chance to fly a kite in the Caribbean breeze, we hope to see you on the beach for our annual Easter Monday Cayman Kitefest!
Kaibo Beach is open every day over the Easter break from 11am until midnight.
Bring the family!!
Kids and dogs welcome, come and make a day of it.
Praise for Kitefest:
“Easter Kite Festival”
We went to Kaibo for the kite festival, and weren’t we glad we went. Excellent food delivered quickly despite it being extremely busy, wonderful live entertainment and the beach a few feet away. Recommended!
Cayman Kitefest Sponsorship :
Cayman Kitefest is a local event that supports a local charity and a Caymanian tradition. Cayman Kitefest is proudly sponsored by the following local companies: